Ever since the inception of Facebook ads, experts have constantly compared it with the search engine giant. People need to realize the fact that they belong to two different domains, Google dominates the search engine market, and Facebook leads in the social media market.
However, a business running a campaign would be curious on which platform can fetch them better results without distinguishing them. So, let’s assess these platforms individually:
1. Google Ads:
The most dominant Search Engine in today’s era is one of the best platform to run ads on the internet. Google Adwords can reach more than 2.6 billion searchers per month across the world. All you need is a Credit Card and a Google Account to sign in to Google AdWords and create your campaign.
Google AdWords is a great source to find appropriate and adequate keywords for a user to invest in. Once signed in, AdWords will display results for relevant keyword according to the user’s parameters. AdWords also displays the Competition for a particular keyword along with average monthly searches and suggested bid rate. A user can add as many keywords as he wants and set up his daily budget.
Here are the types of Ads Google AdWords offer:
- Search Ads: These are Text Ads. A user can also use Ad extensions to provide additional information and contact details for more relevance.
- Product Listing Ads (PLAs): Useful for e-commerce websites to display their products on Google search.
- Responsive: This type of ads automatically adjusts their appearance in terms of size and format to fit in the available space. They tend to boost impact by blending into publisher’s websites.
- Display Ads: They come in the form of banners, infographics etc. They can be displayed as Text, Image or Rich Media.
- App Promotion Ads: Drives users to download apps on engagement.
- Call-only Ads: Drives phone calls on engagement of the ad. A good call to action for home delivery restaurants.
Billions of people from around the globe seek answers from the search engine giant, hence the ad can reach a massive audience. However, I would suggest that a user should narrow its audience down as much as possible to get the best ROI from the campaign.
2. Facebook Ads:
Facebook is the best social media platform for a business to run its ads. It has a massive database with approximately 1.79 billion users, which gives various segments in the audience for a business to target. However, Facebook allows you to target specific users based on their specific behaviours and interests.
Facebook doesn’t run its ad campaign on the basis of keywords. Facebook provides you with the following options to run an ad campaign from:
- Get More Leads: If your Facebook Page has a “Contact US” button, and you are looking for leads to enquire about your product or service, then this helps you in generating leads by displaying your “Contact Us” button to prospective customers.
- Get More Website Visitors: This button helps you to advertise your website to a specific audience chosen by the user. This helps you gain more website visitors.
- Promote your Business Locally: Recently added by Facebook, this feature in the ads section helps you to connect with people near your shop. It is very effective to get footfalls on shops for retailers or wholesalers.
- Promote your Page: If a Page doesn’t get a decent number of organic likes, this feature will help you to increase your page likes by notifying your page to your selected target audience.
Facebook is a much more user-friendly platform compared to Google AdWords. Some experts even argue that it is more effective than Google AdWords.
I would recommend that both platforms are useful and have their strengths and weaknesses. One should choose between Facebook Ads and Google AdWords according to their campaign goals.
Google Ads are best immediate sales, whereas Facebook ads produce the best results for lead generation and brand awareness.